Speaking Up For Your Rights In Theft Cases
If you face theft allegations, you may be concerned for your freedom, your family and your career. Although the charges against you may be overwhelming, you do not have to confront them on your own. Our law firm can stand beside you with the legal knowledge and aggressive representation you need.
The attorneys of McCormick & Vilushis LLC are ready to help Pennsylvania clients build a defense case against theft charges, including accusations of:
- Auto theft
- Knowingly accepting or using stolen property
- Extortion or financial deceit toward an incapacitated party
- Organized theft
- Identity theft
Regardless of the severity of the charges, a theft conviction could impact your future. Minor charges may lead to brief jail time or fines, but the most serious charges could lead to a felony conviction and graver penalties. Therefore, it is crucial to seek legal representation as early in your case as possible to protect your rights.
Your Case May Involve Complex Factors
Many theft defense cases require a deep examination of the situation. What the police and prosecutors understand might not be the entire picture. For this reason, we can work to reveal your side by clearly presenting the evidence.
You may already have potential defenses if:
- You can prove that you had permission to use or keep the property
- You borrowed the property with the reasonable intention to return it
- Another person coerced you into committing theft
- You found a lost item, but did not have the ability to find its owner
- The theft was unintentional and only occurred due to intoxication
Our experienced lawyers can make your voice heard in court and help you refute criminal charges. With thorough preparation, we can develop your defense argument together.
Receive Insight For Your Criminal Defense Case
McCormick & Vilushis LLC has defended our clients for more than 30 years in northwestern Pennsylvania. We can advise you or your loved one throughout the criminal defense process. Call us at 814-455-5362 or complete our convenient intake form to get in touch with our experienced legal team.