Serious Injuries And Wrongful Death In Nursing Homes
Nursing home residents are some of the most vulnerable members of our society. In many instances, they do not feel they can complain or don’t know how to explain what has happened. Nursing home residents deserve to be treated with dignity and respect. Too often, the nursing home is run for profit only, not for the care of the residents.
Nursing Home Negligence
Suspicious injuries have often led to nursing home deaths that are unexplained. Our nursing home negligence lawyers have the experience and expertise to investigate and litigate nursing home deaths and serious injuries.
Nursing home negligence can take on many forms. The following are some common examples of nursing home negligence:
- Residents may be dropped when being transferred from bed to chair or from chair to toilet, causing serious injuries. Broken bones (hip bones, leg and arm bones, and skull fractures) may be undiagnosed and untreated until it is too late.
- Neglect can lead to bedsores, which can have devastating long-term effects on the patient’s health.
- Malnutrition and dehydration can result when staffing is inadequate and staff members fail to make sure patients are getting adequate nourishment.
- Nursing homes may be careless about medications, failing to give medicines in the right dose at the right time.
- When staff members are not properly screened before hiring, residents may be subjected to physical, sexual and emotional abuse.
Contact Our Erie, Pennsylvania, Nursing Home Negligence Lawyers
If your loved one is a victim of nursing home negligence or abuse, you need a skilled and experienced attorney to handle your claim. The nursing home and the staff should be held accountable. McCormick & Vilushis LLC strives to provide every client with compassionate, caring and understanding legal support. We know this can be a difficult and emotional time, which is why we stand by you every step of the way when you enlist our services. If you or a loved one were a victim of a nursing home’s negligence or abuse, contact McCormick & Vilushis LLC today for a free consultation.